B&L Group from Hamburg is developing a project named Harbor Park Quarter (Hafenpark Quartier) in Frankfurt’s City East that consists of several components. The new building project is being built directly on the river Main, next to the new headquarters of the European Central Bank. Upon completion, the HP Quarter will have around 610 apartments, offices, a daycare center and hotel space. The hotel areas are being built in the Scandic Conference Hotel and the Waterfront Hotel (in the “Contemporary Luxury” segment). Subsidized rental apartments were also built on the area east of Honsellstrasse.
The property developer B&L Group is building a total of four high-rise buildings with at least 10 storeys in the Hafenpark Quarter project.
Harbor Park Quarter
- Lot size: approx. 29,200 square meters
- Gross floor area: approx. 180,000 square meters
- Housing: approx. 72,000 square meters
- Day care center: approx. 1,000 square meters
- Office: approx. 58,000 square meters
- Retail: approximately 2,000 square meters
- Conference hotel: approx. 22,000 square meters
- Waterfront Hotels: approx. 25,000 square meters
- Parking spaces: approx. 1,440 square meters
The flat residential buildings (red) in the eastern part of the Harbor Park Quarter (HPQ) project were already completed in 2019. Construction work on the hotel and residential buildings (green / yellow) is currently underway and is expected to be completed by 2021/2022. The construction work on the office buildings (blue) and the hotel tower (pink) have not yet started. The whole construction work is scheduled to end in 2026.
HPQ 1st Construction Phase (2020) - Max & Sophie
The first construction phase was the Max & Sophie buildings. A balanced mix of subsidized and independent housing construction takes into account the demand in all categories of the Frankfurt housing market. With a total of around 320 rental apartments for singles, couples and families, the range in Ostend is being expanded. Contemporary architecture and an excellent infrastructure, including Having a daycare center in the neighborhood guarantees future residents an urban quality of life.
- Gross floor area: approx. 32,500 square meters
- Retail: approximately 2,000 square meters
- Residential units: approx. 320
- Day care places: approx. 100
- Parking spaces: approx. 220
- Completion: 1st quarter 2020
- Architects: AS + P (Frankfurt) and prasch buken partner architects (Hamburg)
HPQ 2nd Construction Phase (2022) - Scandic Conference Hotel
The second construction phase of the Hafenpark Quarter project is the Scandic Hotel, which will be built by 2022. The conference hotel with approx. 505 rooms and a large conference area is part of the spectacular design with which the architect Hadi Teherani was able to win the competition announced by the B&L Group and the City of Frankfurt. The operator of this hotel in the upscale business segment will benefit from the close proximity to the European Central Bank and the short distances to the city center.
- Gross floor area: approx. 22,000 square meters
- Hotel space: approx. 500
- Conference area: approx. 2,000 square meters
- Parking spaces: approx. 150
- Completion: 2022
- Architects: prasch buken partner architects (Hamburg), Hadi Teherani Architects (Hamburg)
- Lessee: Scandic Hotels Group AB (Sweden)
HPQ 3rd Construction Phase (2022/2023) - HPQ Living
In the third construction phase of the HPQ project, high-quality condominiums are being built with views of the river Main and the Frankfurt skyline. Two-storey townhouses, apartment apartments and penthouses with apartment sizes for a wide variety of requirements are grouped around a spacious, green courtyard. The highlights of the winning design from the pen of Hadi Teherani Architects are two high-rise apartment buildings, which significantly shape the external appearance of the quarter on its waterfront.
- Gross floor area: approx. 39,500 square meters
- Residential units: approx. 290
- Parking spaces: approx. 250
- Completion: 2022/23
- Architect: Hadi Teherani Architects (Hamburg)
HPQ 4th Construction Phase (2023) - Waterfront Hotel
The fourth construction phase in the Harbor Park Quarter is a 21-storey hotel building that is being built on the so-called Molenspitze directly next to the river Main. From here you have a breathtaking view of the banks of the Main and the Frankfurt skyline from every level. A boutique hotel in the “Contemporay Luxury” segment is planned for the waterfront. The highlights of this property will be a plaza with sky bar and terrace on the 12th floor as well as an area open to the public on the lower quay.
- Gross floor area: approx. 25,000 square meters
- Boutique hotel: approx. 300 guest rooms
- Parking spaces: approx. 40
- Completion: 2023
- Architect: Barkow Leibinger Society of Architects (Berlin)
HPQ 5th Construction Phase (2024-2026) - Office Campus
The last construction phase of the Harbor Park Quarter consists of two building parts on the Hanauer Landstrasse street. With its 17 floors, the office tower is the highlight of the new quarter that can be seen from afar. The future tenants benefit from the excellent transport links, the proximity to the European Central Bank and, last but not least, the view of the Frankfurt skyline.
- Gross floor area: approx. 61,000 square meters
- Rental space: approx. 55,000 square meters
- Jobs: approx. 1,500
- Parking spaces: cars approx. 800 and bicycles
- Jobs: approx. 1,500
- Completion: 2024-2026
- Architect: Meixner Schlueter Wendt Architects (Frankfurt)
Harbor Park Quarter: News and Construction Site
Status January 2021: Generali Real Estate is buying the two residential buildings Max & Sophie from the B&L Group. A total of 316 apartments and several commercial units changed hands. The two properties are located in the north-east of the project development between Hanauer Landstrasse, Honsellstrasse, and Mayfahrtstrasse.
As of August 2019: The individual colors in this paragraph refer to the map below. The construction work on the block development in the eastern part (red) will be completed in the coming months. The construction work on the three towers in the construction area south are in full swing (yellow/green). The construction work on the construction fields North (blue) and the southern Molenkopf (pink) have not started yet.
Status March 2019: The architectural competition for the development of the Molenkopf in the Osthafen Frankfurt has been completed. The project is called Waterfront and the winner of the competition is the architecture firm Barkow Leibinger from Berlin.
Here the visualization of the construction field south:
Here is a computer animation of the HPQ Quarter Frankfurt including a site plan:
Status December 2017: Scandic Frankfurt Hafenpark was announced as the first tall concrete project. It will have a total of 505 rooms and more than 2000 square meters of conference and event space on 11 floors. The hotel will also feature a restaurant, bar, fitness facilities and one of the largest ballrooms in Frankfurt at 600 square meters. The opening of the project is due in 2021. Here is the visualisation of the Scandic Hotel:
As of November 2017: The construction works on Hafenpark Quartier Ost (east of the Honsellstrasse, where no towers are to be built) have started.